Mid Ulster Air Rifle Club Safety Code
All shooters MUST sign in on arrival either at Loughgall or Cottage Quinn.
- Always carry your gun in a safe manner pointed down or carried in a case/ gun sleeve.
- Never point a gun at anyone.
- Always treat the gun as loaded
When you have completed the lane, upon standing, ensure the gun is not “waved about’ or pointed in an unsafe direction.
- All guns must be loaded while pointing down range only.
- Break-barrel guns hold the barrel end during loading, to avoid injury in the event of accidental discharge.
- Magazines on multi-shot guns MUST be removed between shooting lanes.
- WHEN A CREASE –FIRE IS CALLED- ALL GUNS MUST BE DISCHARGED SAFTEY INTO THE GROUND, before any marshal goes out in front of the guns.
- During a crease-fire, you must NOT sight your gun down range.
- WHEN CHANGING TO OR FROM PRONE, BE PARTICULARY CAREFUL TO KEEP YOUR GUN POINTED DOWN RANGE-if you find this difficult please ask someone to assist.
- Do not fire guns in the car park/ buildings area- guns must be only discharged over a firing line, either on the course or on the zero range.
- Do not aim/sight or chono-graph guns in the car park / buildings area guns must be only discharged over a firing line, either on the course or on the zero range.
- If you deem someone doing/completing a unsafe act- please approach and inform that they are doing wrong and could put other members at risk with there actions.
We want you to be safe and enjoy your shooting.
Breaking the safety code could get you banned from the Club.